adsense1

Google Places & Google My Business

Previously known as Google Places, Google My Business helps potential customers find you anytime, anywhere. It is the main way of adding your business to Google as an official directory listing. It will give you results in Google search against your company name and also make you appear on Google Maps as a proper 'pin' (see 'Why bother' below). 
If you don't register with Google My Business, you are missing out on an essential, free marketing opportunity.
The main page to register and set up your company in 'Google My Business' is at: www.google.com/business/go/

Step-by-step guide

This step-by-step guide will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete (assuming you have your marketing text ready for copying and pasting - a bit longer if you don't!).
Step 1: Why Bother?
Step 2: Setup or login to your Google Account
Step 3: Search for existing listings
Step 4: Claiming an existing listing
Step 5: Setting up a new listing
Step 6: Verifying your business
After you complete these 6 Steps, you will have your business listing on Google My Business. You now just need to verify your business for it to show up in the search results.
You will now be presented with the Welcome Screen:
Welcome to Google My Business!
Click on the 'Get started' button for a quick tour of the Google My Business pages. Basically, this will highlight how to add your details, links to your website, opening hours and other business profile information. This is your business page in the Google+ network.

What next?

This has set up your business on Google My Business.
You will now need to spend a bit of time updating the related Google+ business page - remember, this 'free web page' is on Google so it is really important to make the most of it and keep it updated. 
To get back to your the Google My Business pages at any time, go towww.google.com/business and sign in. 
Hopefully, this guide has been useful in setting up your Google My Business listing and your business page in Google+.
It is certainly time well spent on free marketing!
If you have found this article useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues as I am on a mission to get more small businesses using this free marketing opportunity.
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

adsense2